Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Good Morning Ladies, hope your Valentine's Day has started off well. I can finally put up the pictures of the valentines present I sent to my sister and the one to my daughter. I didn't want to put them up yet as they hadn't received them yet. I gave my daughter hers yesterday and I sent my little sister's last Thursday so she should be getting it today. Any way, here's a shot of what I made each of them for Valentine's Day. I found these little metal trays at the dollar store for, you guessed it, $1. I added some TH aged mahogany distress crackle paint to the outside edge and then decorated up the inside. The letter 'C' I added some tattered rose distress crackle paint to and then touched the edges of it with vintage photo distress ink while it was still wet. The effect was pretty cool, I thought! The hangy thing on the left is a wooden tag that was distressed as well and then I added a TH valentine stamped piece of paper to it and a little hangy heart from the dollar store. The other hangy thing is a skeleton key from my collection and heart locket, and some beads from my collection. The big heart in the center is a spellbinder die with embroidery floss wrapped around it and a little wooden heart in the center. I added a few other embellishments until it looked like it was full and then I quit. I just love how it turned out. Here's a shot of the one I did for my daughter, Miranda. They each have a hanger on the back I added by hammering a nail through the metal and attaching it with a brad so they can hang on the wall. I know my daughter liked hers, sure hope my sister likes hers. Hope you all have a splendid Valentine's Day. I'm going to pig out on the chocolate covered cherries I bought for myself yesterday. They are in the freezer just calling my name, lol. I will leave you with a shot of the inside of the Valentine's day card I made for the tea ladies. The one that I did for the challenge last week. Scroll down to see the outside with the vintage little girl . Hugs, ~Jody

0 comments:

Post a Comment