Friday, April 5, 2013

Belated Easter Project

Hey there bloggers,

I finally got this little vintage cart done that I have been working on for a while now.  Wanted to have it done by Easter but as you can tell, that didn't happen.  I was inspired by a cart that Jim, The Gentleman Crafter did last year.  You can see his cart here. Mine is a bit smaller because I wanted to use the Tim Holtz rabbit die and it was smaller than the ones that he offered diagrams of.  Needless to say, my cart had to be smaller.  I saw a cute challenge over at Eclectic Paperie to use corrugated cardboard on a project so I made my cart out of that.  Unfortunately, when I went to attach my link to their website it said the challenge was closed.  The challenge stated that it would be open until Thursday, April 5th until 6 p.m. EST. However, April 5th is not a Thursday, April 4th is a Thursday so their website was incorrect. I wondered why I walked around all day yesterday thinking it was the 5th!

Anyway, my Vintage Easter Cart turned out so cute.  It will definitely be a keepsake for years to come.

I used skewers for cart rails
I covered the grungeboard bunnies with 100% wool felt

The wheels are a circle and a gear made out of grungeboard and a screw cap and they actually roll

                






all the flowers are a punch that I've had for years

the little bunnies running along side the big ones are from a punch as well

0 comments:

Post a Comment