Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Got the Boot.....................done!


Hi again bloggers, I guess it's the year of the witches 'round here, lol.  I found this cute witch boot tutorial over at My Craft Spot.  She cut hers from a Cricut Cartridge called Happy Haunting, I think, anyway, I don't have that particular cartridge so I drew mine out freehand and cut it out with a scissors.  I used an 8 x 11 sheet of cardstock and it covered most of the paper just so you know how big it is.  I then cut out another one and cut it up to get templates for all the pieces.  I cut each one out of different Halloween paper I had in my stash and added the ribbon I inked with Spiced Marmalade and Ripe Persimmon.  Found the Tim Holtz Happy Halloween tag in my stash too so I added some stickles to it and tied it on with the 'shoelace'.

It was fun making.  There are a couple of things I would do differently next time, like making the toe a little shorter. To me, it appears to be a little long in proportion to how high the boot is.  I can make that adjustment next year.  I do love how it turned out though.  It's setting on my desk at work.  Wish you could see how it sparkles.

Anyway, hope ya'll have a Happy Halloween!
Hugs,
~Jody

0 comments:

Post a Comment