Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas Cards

Hi All,

Just wanted to show you another take on Tim's December tag.  I actually used his inspiration for my Christmas cards this year with a little twist.  I used his lamppost die for my center piece instead of the wreath and I used some rusted metal snowflakes instead of the star.  Well I started with some rusted metal snowflakes but realized early on that I didn't have enough so I duplicated them with some grungepaper and some brown paint with a little dry glitter thrown in or actually on, literally.  They turned out good.

I cut the 'believe' from his script holiday words in red and then sprayed them with heirloom gold

The yellow light in the lamp post, I used some plastic packaging and covered it with some sunshine alcohol ink

So do you think the snowflakes look like they are metal?
  I covered the back of the tag with some darker tan and stamped Merry Christmas on them with a couple of smaller snowflakes and signed them.  Got them in the mail just this past Monday.  Good thing too because we had a pretty good snow storm here on Tuesday.  About 6-7" I think they said. 

Hope you are having a joyous crafting holiday season.
Hug,
~Jody

0 comments:

Post a Comment