Sunday, March 8, 2015

It's St. Paddy's Day again............

OMG, am I ever glad I wrote down all those user id's and pw before I left FL, lol, I would have never found this blog again.  My memory is getting worse and worse.  As you can see I haven't been able to get back here very often and I don't remember things that are not used on a daily basis, and even that's iffy, lol!

Anyway, Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone.  I have been busy making some tags and now I want to make a banner and a few cards.  I still have about 10 days or so but I better get busy.

Here are the tags that I have been working on.  I just did the usual distress stain swipe on the tags to start with.  I used Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint and Pine Needles. Then I did the technique that Tim used on his March tag.  I stamped my shamrocks and embossed them with clear embossing powder. I didn't have the stencil he did but I had the eye chart one so I used that.  I covered it in areas with embossing paste and then sprinkled gold embossing powder over it and left it to dry.  (Probably could have gotten a bit more on the one on the right, I think that's the one I did first, can ya tell, lol)  That's a very cool technique.  Didn't realize that you could cover that embossing paste with embossing powder, leave it to dry and then come back to it later and hit it with the heat gun and it would still melt and turn shiny.  What a cool idea, I love it.

I found some 'gold coins' in my stash and I used the little hole maker of his to put holes in each side of the coin and also in the top of the wish bone.  I threaded some jute string thru the holes and tied it in a bow on the other side.  I typed "Happy St. Patrick's Day" on the computer and printed it off on plain white paper and then distressed it with ink and cut it out to fit in the oval charms.  Had some little metal charms in my stash as well but they were silver so I covered them with some gold alcohol ink and wiped off the excess.

Then I just used some cream colored seam binding dipped in the same distress stains in the hole at the top. I attached everything with jump rings to a pin and pinned it to the seam binding.  I glued another tag to the back of each one (cuz they were kinda messy) and added a sentiment there.  And I inked them up well.

Added some little shamrocks and a hat to the back, as well as a little stamp.  See the jute tied in the back, that worked out well, lol.  
Anyway, that is what I have come up with for my St. Patrick's Day tags.  Hopefully I will get some cards done now and a banner.  I'll be sure to share with you, if I do.  Hope you all have a lovely week and may the Luck of the Irish be with you!