Saturday, November 8, 2014

it's starting to look alot like Christmas.............

Good Morning peeps, have finally been able to get some crafting time to myself, YEA!  Really miss it when I can't get my hands inky, lol!

Have been working on my Annual Christmas Tea Party plans and of course the invitation has to come first.  I was wanting to make something that was vintagy looking, kinda lacy too. Wanted them to look old fashioned.  I am going with the blue/cream/white theme this year so created the invitations using the same theme.  Had a piece of old white lace and some light blue tulle (I think that's the name for the netting). Printed the actual words on the computer and printed them out.  Roughed up the edges and inked them with vintage photo ink. Had some light blue cardstock for the base so did the same thing with those.  Layered the lace first, then the tulle and then the invitation.  Used Tim's OTE die 'distressed doily' and made a 'gate' closure for the front.  Inked it up with vintage photo as well.  Attached them to the sides around the back and then used another blue base piece to cover that up.  It also added a bit of sturdiness to the whole thing too.  Tied the gate with a piece of shiny blue ribbon and a little tea pot charm in the middle.

Then I stamped a little cup and some steam to the fronts of the envelope and inked the outside edges of them as well.  Here's a peek at the finished product.  Hope you like it.


Will hopefully get them done this weekend so can get them in the mail soon.  Have Tuesday off as it's Veteran's Day so can maybe get them finished up then, if not this weekend.

The weather here has been fabulous.  This fall has been the most enjoyable one I've had/seen in a long time. I've so missed the changing of the seasons and all mother nature had to offer.  The trees have all lost most of their leaves and winter is about to set in.  The temperatures this weekend are supposed to be in the 50's but come Monday the highs will only be in the 20's and it's supposed to be snowy and windy.  Fall has lasted longer than normal this year, which is good.  It's been getting me used to the cooler weather.  I surely don't miss the heat of FL but am not sure if I'm completely ready for the cold of the WY.  Am excited for the first big snowfall but don't care for the cold wind.  I do enjoy the cool breezes that blow but am probably not ready for the cold wind, lol. It will definitely be cool to see the season changing even more.  I kinda feel like this place has so much more character.  In FL it's hot and green, all the time.  Here, with the changing of the seasons, it seems like when things change, it gives you the anticipation of new things to come.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted on the weather and the Tea Party plans.  Am hoping to inspire some of my dear friends around here to be a part of my tea group.  There is only one tea house in Cheyenne so we will have to each host a tea party at our homes once a month, so am hoping to collect like 10 others to participate.  It will be fun to see how it all plays out.

Hope you have a terrific weekend,
Hugs,
~Jody

0 comments:

Post a Comment