Friday, September 18, 2015

Spring has sprung, Fall has fell and Winter will be as cold as..................

well you probably know the ending to that saying...................lol

I have really taken a liking to the fall season since I have moved back to WY from FL.  The cooler temperatures are so awesome.  I am still able to have the windows open a little bit at night, there is a fabulous cool breeze that blows through, I love it!

The leaves have started to fall from the trees and soon the colors will become so vibrant that I will need to make another trek up to the mountains (oh darn!) to see them all.  In the meantime, I have created a little reminder as some home decor.  Somewhere in my travels I ended up with this great frame and when I unpacked here I put it on a hook in my living room, knowing that sooner or later I would find something to put in it.  Well, it hung there long enough without anything in it that a good friend made comment to me, something about an empty picture frame hanging on the wall, lol!

So, I decided to change that.  Here is what I came up with

I started with a plain piece of chipboard from the back of a tablet. Covered it with gesso and then some Distress Stains in autumn colors. Then I added some 'bricks' with some embossing paste and one of the Tim Holtz stencils and inked them up as well. 

I found some little wooden letters in my stash and was quite tickled to find the actual letters I needed (FALL).  I added some Distress Stains to them in Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade and then sprayed them with water to make the colors bleed together.  Then I inked the edges with Vintage Photo.  The 'has' was printed from a label maker and the 'fell' was from one those old Dymo label makers so no stamping here.

The leaves were made from the Tim Holtz Layered Leaf die and embossing folder.  I first smeared out some distress inks on my craft sheet and sprayed it with water and swiped a manila folder through it to get the coloring. Then I cut out the leaves and embossed them and inked them with Walnut stain.
I added a piece of wire mesh under the letters but over the top of the bricks for some dimension and a few embellishments in the top right hand corner.  I also found a metal leaf in my stash and hung it from the mesh.  It just kinda spoke to me when I found it, lol.
I wanted to enter it into the Frilly & Funky Challenge Blog Stamps be gone, hence no stamping here! This will make a great home decor item for years to come!

2 comments:

Jenny Marples said...

Now that's how to fill a frame Jody! Love it! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Unknown said...

Love all the Autumnal colours in this frame and arranged so nicely too xx
Thanks for playing along at Frilly and Funkie xx

Post a Comment