Monday, January 25, 2016

Valentine's Day 2016

Good morning peeps, looks like it's getting to be about Valentine's Day.  I love making little gift holders or just something little to put little candies in.  Just recently I picked up the matchbox steel rule die at a LSS (as local as it gets around here anyway, which is 50 miles down the road in Ft. Collins, CO).  Anyway, I was dying to give it a try so I grabbed a piece of cardstock that was just laying on my craftroom table, it happened to be red, and I die cut the matchbox and assembled it.  So dang cute.

 I had also been cutting out some hearts for some cards and so I had the movers and shapers hearts laying out.  Inside the matchbox die is a little square magnetic piece that can be removed so I took it out and added the smallest heart and cut another one with pink this time.  OMG, did it turn out so dang cute.

I also found in my stash a piece of like mauve vellum so I covered the heart from the inside with that and it made the cutest little box.  See what you think........

I added a little bow and a small sticky heart and I am going to fill them with pink M & M's.  I'll pick some up at the store next time I'm there.  Aren't they adorable???


I also made a card too.....


 I started with a black base and found some cream/black paisley cardstock in my stash so I put that down next after inking the edges, of course.  Then I cut out some pink hearts and inked them with black on the outside edges too. I wrapped a dark pink ribbon around the paisley cardstock before I glued it down.  Then I added the big heart first and then the smaller heart with a pop dot to give it some dimension.  I had some different ribbon that had words on it so I cut out one and glued it to the dark pink ribbon.  Then I made a little bow out of some sheer pink ribbon and added it to the small heart.

On the inside I glued a black heart that had been embossed with pink words (from a project a few years back) to a pink heart that I had traced around the scalloped heart spellbinders die and just cut it straight instead of cutting the scallops.  Then I die cut the 'hugs & kisses' from one of Tim's decorative strip dies and inked the edges black as well.  I found some pink bling in my stash as well so I added that to the bottom. Not sure I liked that but by that time it was stuck, lol.  I then used a small pink heart with which to sign my name.

Well I have a few more cards to make so better get started.  I am pretty on top of it this year so I may come up with some others before it's over.  Hope you all have a great day and thanks for checking me out.
Hugs,
~Jody


0 comments:

Post a Comment