Sunday, December 27, 2009

Tag Boxes

Here are the tag boxes that I made for my sisters for Christmas. I couldn't put them up on my blog until now as I know at least one of them watches my blog. They are both all hand made from cardboard that I accumulated from boxes of checks from work.
I made the boxes and then I covered each one in Christmas wrapping paper. The poinsettias were cut from the cricut and the sheet music I got online as well as the lamp post. Someone had drawn out a lamp post on graph paper and but it on their blog. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the blog but a huge Thank You goes out to them. That was the coolest thing. I printed it, cut it out, traced it out on black paper and then added some glitter glue to highlight it. You probably can't see it very well but it turned out so cute. The hinges are made from chipboard (some stuff that comes from the check boxes at work) and I just rubbed them with some distress ink and made them look like leather. The original idea I got off of Linda Duke's blog, so thank you Linda for the inspiration. I tried to find the same image she had on hers but was unsuccessful so I kinda went out on my own and I was thrilled with the results. My two sisters were as well, they really liked their boxes. Thanks for stopping by for a look.
Oh, I forgot to tell you the bells on the sides of this one I used a cookie cutter to make the shape and then I just covered it with aluminum foil and some red stickles as the outline. Worked out just perfect!! I have more shots of these so if you want to see more, leave me a comment and I'll
put up some more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment