Sunday, June 26, 2011

TH Inspired Birthday Card

Went over to Stampfest in Kissimmee this morning. Met some of my sister's friends there. My sister is home recouping from back surgery so she wasn't able to go with us. She seems to be getting around pretty good though, I guess. Anyway, was checking out all the Tim Holtz stuff, as well as the other vendors, but I had purchased a couple of dies the other day at Scraporium and wanted to give them a try. Needed a birthday card for my step-father. His birthday is next Saturday and I'm not sure how old he will be, maybe 70-71, we'll go with early 70's, how's that?? Here's the card I came up with. I purchased the 'old jalopy' die and the little texture fade (which I used on the inside). The jalopy I embossed with black embossing powder and then inked with vintage photo. It made it look kinda rustic. I did the accent pieces in vintage photo as well. The map I found online and inked it too to give it that aged vintage look. My folks still live in WY so that is why I used that particular map. I thought it was kinda cool. The sign I made with one of the stamp sets that I got this morning, it's called "Going Somewhere". I heat embossed the red and blue lines around it to kinda match all the lines in the map. Then I attached a key and a muse token with a pin to the sign. Thought it turned out pretty cute, hope he likes it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment