Tuesday, April 17, 2012

March's TH Tag

Hey bloggers, welcome! Today I wanted to show you a tag I did for the Tim Holtz March 2012 tag. I used black embossing powder instead of the 'cement' looking one that he used. I didn't have that one and wasn't sure I wanted to purchase it because I didn't think I would ever use it again. I didn't care for the look of it on the butterflies. It was a tedious task to make all those little pieces of paper and get them to all fit together, therefore, I only made one butterfly. I also didn't have the wood grain stamp but I did have some wood grain paper so I just covered my tag with it and stamped the stamp right over the top. I stained the seam binding with dusty concord and wild honey to match the paper I used from one of Tim's paper packs. It turned out pretty cool I think. I found this really cool necklace at a garage sale last Sunday morning that had all these metal findings on it, butterflies, heart, flowers, etc. for $2. I used one of the butterflies at the top of the tag with one of Tim's jump rings. Gotta love those garage sales!!! Thanks for stopping by, hope you have a terrific Tuesday, Hugs!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment