Sunday, August 9, 2009

Silverware Wind Chimes

Hello again! Sorry I haven't been around for a while. Have been dealing with a couple of personal family issues. Everything seems to be under control for now so I have begun creating again. I saw some of these silverware wind chimes at a shop over in St. Pete a while back and wanted to try my hand at it. 'Viola', it turned out pretty cute, don't ya think? I made it red and gold to match my deck cushions. I used an old three tiered serving plate that I got at a garage sale one day and never used for it's intended purpose because it doesn't match my china, lol, I'm such the matchy, matchy person. Anyway, I took it all apart and cut the handle down, drilled some holes in some silverware and strung some beads around it. Took me about 12 hours all together but it turned out so cool that I think I will make a couple for Christmas presents. It's just around the corner ya know. Hope this finds you well and happy.

2 comments:

Lawrence Halter said...

Now that's a creative way to make do with the old silverware. I'm wondering though, if they're best to be hanged by the front door. I mean, can the breeze make these silverware sway? Brass rods and other small metals can be used for this one, for creativity's sake.

Jody said...

Actually the breeze does make it sway, but, if I had it to do over again, I would have put them a bit closer together. I like the sound the old silver makes when it sways. Also, I think if I added another piece off the end of the knife, it may sway even more. That's on my to-do list!

Post a Comment