Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving Card

Good Morning Peeps, here's a card that I made for a little craft fair that I attended a couple of weeks ago. It turned out so cute. The little wheat stalk was made from raffia. I gave one to my sister and she liked it so well, we re-created it with some of her card making supplies and she used it as her presentation at a card club she belongs to. I was over there helping her with her cancer surgery she had done on her nose. Man, they really roughed her up. Besides having this "flap" on her forhead, she also has two black eyes. They have started to turn yellow now but you can sure tell the trauma her face has been through. They will do the remainder of the plastic surgery in a couple of weeks and they say that within a year, you won't even be able to tell what they did. She has really been a trooper though. She even ventured out to card club last Friday. Her friend Tiffany came and got her (she can't drive yet) and brought her back home. We have all told her that we don't care what she looks like, WE ALL STILL LOVE HER AND ALWAYS WILL!!!!! I will be going back over for Thanksgiving next Tuesday. We are going to put out a traditional Thanksgiving feast. I have the Rhoades frozen bread rolls already. Those are hard to find down here. Picked up some canned red tart cherries for the cherry pie. Not sure if I will bake the pie before I go or just do it over there. Still need to get the yams. Hope ya'll have a very nice Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

Lisa B said...

What a beautiful Thanksgiving card! I love how you made the hay/corn stalk. Very crafty!

Thank you for sharing it with us over at the Sisterhood. We are very "Thankful" that you could join us this week.

Darlene said...

This is beautiful! Don't you just love FALL COLORS ... so rich! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood! Hope to see you again real soon!

Post a Comment