Sunday, August 21, 2011

Shadow Box Card

Hi peeps, long time no blog, I know! I had some computer issues and I finally got all those taken care of so then I was able to get back to creating, yeah! This is a shadow box card that I made for my little sister for her birthday next Sunday. I was inspired by Sari Hanninen from Sweden. I stumbled across her blog a few weeks ago and she had a whole bunch of TH (tim holtz) inspired creations and this shadow box card really caught my eye. The frame on the cover was chipboard cut with my cricut and covered with paper on either side. Then I just poked a hole in the center of it and sprayed it with water from my mini mister. This allowed the chipboard to be torn a little easier and I just kept pushing out until it looked like it was fairly even on all sides. Then I stained the white core parts with TH walnut distress stain. Added some flowers and a bow and a few buttons and a door knob, of course. And know for the inside. The inside is the best part...................... drum roll please Can you see how the right side stands out a bit? It was a bit difficult to put together but once you got the hang of it, it worked out pretty well. I just love how it looks like you are looking in say a store front window or someone's living room window, not that we would really ever do that, lol! I made the 'window' first, then I made a book cover so to speak and attached the window to the back cover and decorated the other side. I used some TH papers, some Heart Warming Vintage papers that I printed free off their website and some pages from an old, OLD book that I bought at a garage sale years ago. The little viles (filled with colored water) and the weathered clock on the left are TH. The other clock is CTMH with some TH arts added on and the rest is just stuff I found in my stash. I heat embossed the happy birthday with black embossing powder so it would stand out. Here's a close up of the two sides. I just love the way it turned out. Need to make one for myself now, ha! Hope you have a good rest of the weekend and an even better week. Hugs, ~Jody

0 comments:

Post a Comment