Sunday, June 24, 2012

ATC's

So I wanted to show you what I have been working on this past week.  I joined an ATC (Artistic Trading Cards for those that don't know what that stands for-I had to ask too, lol) Club.  They are baseball sized cards that you make up yourself, embellishments and all, and put your name on the back as well as the theme of the card, your blog address, if you have one and then you number them, i.e. 1 of 20, 2 of 20, and so on.  They should also have a date.  The first ones I made are going to be for the July meet so the theme was "American Made".  I have a little sneek peek here I will share with you. Can't show the whole thing because that will spoil the surprise for some, I know at least one of them reads my blog, lol!


They use actual playing cards for the base and sand off the plastic coating that is on them.  Then you adhere paper to each side and embellish all you like.  You don't have to use playing cards though, you can just use a plain piece of cardstock cut to the 2 1/2 x 3 1/2.  It helps to use study cardstock so it will withstand some wear and tear.  There are even some websites out there, I know, imagine that, right?, that cater to these ATC's.  I haven't had a chance to peruse all of them yet but maybe later today.  Our weather here in  FL is pretty nasty this weekend, is there a better way to spend a rainy Sunday?  Yesterday, I made a big ol' pot of hamburger potato stew so I'm good for the duration.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

Hugs,
~Jody

1 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

OH Jody.. I love it! Very cool! Thanks for linking up with Crafty Secrets Linky Party! Vicki

Post a Comment