Saturday, March 2, 2013

Tattered Floral Challenge

I have always been in love with the color combination of black/white/yellow.  Years ago I made myself this beautiful yellow dress with a huge midi-length skirt and black buttons and black/white accessories. It made me feel so delightful or something like that.  I just loved it.  Anyway, when Tim Holtz offered up his tattered floral die challenge, my mind starting going and I just kept coming back to this color combo.  I have had these little cans on my craft table for a few weeks now and just hadn't gotten the right mojo to do anything with them.  It finally hit me...... so, without further ado, lol, here is my entry in to the challenge.

The flowers were cut from clear TH packaging and shaded with alcohol inks (pitch black, slate and the snow cap & silver mixatives).

Then I cut some tattered florals in white cardstock and some in black cardstock and inked the edges. Some I sprayed with Perfect Pearls mists both pearl and heirloom gold. I pinched and curled some edges here and there as well.  I colored some white brads with sunshine yellow alcohol ink and used those for the center of my flowers.
I applied a little yellow picot ribbon to the top edge of the can and although you can't see it, I spread some gunmetal stickles around the inner lip of the can too.
I found a yellow pipe cleaner and a silver one in my stash, as well as some yellow polka dot ribbon and some yellow buttons. The little black flowers and leaves stem were in the Halloween stash and they matched perfectly.  

The paper I covered the can with was just a strip of white cardstock that I stamped one of Tim's stamps on (don't know the name of that stamp).

The big yellow button I tied black embroidery floss in.  I glued that, some other small yellow buttons and some yellow sparkly gems on with hot glue.

I went through my pen arsenal and found everything that matched to put in my new pen holder, however, I think it will just house my sharpies from now on.

The color combination just does something for me, love the yellow/white polka dot ribbon. Just so dang cute.

So, there you have it, my entry to the Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Challenge.  You can pop over to his blog here and check it out if you'd like. There's some pretty cool inspiration there, I must say!!!  Hope you have a lovely weekend!
Hugs,
~Jody

1 comments:

Sue said...

Love your pencil holder and color combo! What a clever idea.

Post a Comment