Monday, December 14, 2015

Winter Wonderland...............................better late than never

Before I begin, I would just like to say Happy Birthday to my little sister, Kelly.  She would have been 54 years old today.  She has been our guardian Angel for 34 years now. Love and miss her so much.

A few years ago, or maybe it was just last year, Tim posted an inspiration piece from one of his media team members named Emma Williams. She called it Winter Wonderland.  Well, I just got mine done.  I loved how she made the sleigh 3D and the jingle bells vintage looking.  I actually just fell in love with the whole thing and decided to make my own.

I went to Michael's and got a platform for it and so it began.  I covered it with gesso, texture paste and distress glitter to get the snowy effect.  I made up the sleigh and the 'reindeer' and got them all painted.  Then I tried to put it all together one day and realized my platform was much longer than the one Emma used.  It must have thrown me off quite a bit because I stalled out, right there, lol.  It sat on my buffet all year.  I just kept looking at it, and looking at it, every time I walked by.  It finally donned on me that I just needed to add some extra trees, like more than she had on hers.  But by then, Christmas was had long past and the passion for it had left me.

When I was putting out this year's Christmas decorations, I had to move the little platform with falling down reindeer and sleigh to another place.  Well it ended up being put IN the buffet for safe keeping.  I got all the decorations done and then one day it popped in my head that I should finish that little Winter Wonderland.  So I salvaged it from the depths of the old buffet and took it into my craft room.  I mussed and fussed with it, for most of the day, finding little trinkets and bells and things that I could decorate it with. And it is finally done, over a year later, lol.  See what you think.

The trees I used were from my little Christmas Village.  I didn't end up putting it up this year so I borrowed it's trees.

I had some little blue stars left over from a 4th of July project so I added them to my sleigh. They kinda matched the word 'JOY' since it was done in blue too.

The little snowman was from one of my tea party invitations or menu cards from years past.  It is made out of shrink plastic with one of Tim's old snowman dies.  He had a swirl of blue on him so I added him to the scene as well.
I am so pleased with how it turned out.  Glad I waited for the inspiration to return and I'm glad too that it did return.  Loved the old world feel to it.  Hope you like it too.
Hugs,
~Jody

1 comments:

Peter parker said...

Is your Blockchain account full of complexities? Are you having trouble while selling and buying bitcoin in your Blockchain account? To deal with all the problems all at once, you can always connect with the team of professionals who are always there to guide you. You are advised to dial Blockchain Support Phone Number and get the best possible solution in no time. You can also ask for the stepwise assistance so that you don’t get into any error while implementing the solutions. Connect with the elite team and get the best assistance at the comfort of your home.
Website: https://www.cryptowalletsupport.com/blockchain-phone-number/

Post a Comment