Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day 2012

Hi peeps, have several things I want to share with you today. I have been pretty busy. First off, we had our Valentine's Tea Party last Sunday at the Milk n'Honey Tea Room in Tampa. Everyone was supposed to bring a valentine for each guest, there were to be 15 in all. These are the ones that I came up with... I first embossed the front of each black card with hot pink embossing powder and an old CTMH background stamp. Then I die cut the center out of it with Spellbinders scalloped hearts die. I was able to find some paper in my stash that matched the pink embossing powder almost exactly so I inked the edges of each square and put that on the inside. Then I made some little 'glass' hearts out of shrink film and some UTEE melted in the melting pot. Tim Holtz at his best, lol! I drug mine across a piece of aluminum foil and let them dry on there and it gave this really cool texture on the bottom of them. I then colored them with alcohol inks in three different shades of red. They each turned out differently of course, but each one was so unique, very pretty, and the tea ladies loved them. The table was all decorated with hearts and such and each person had all their Valentine's there as well. There were four different sandwiches, scones and lavender bread and several delicious desserts. We definitely did not go away hungry!!! Then I had to make some sugar cookies for work today, well I didn't have to but I do love me a good sugar cookie, lol and it's rude to eat in front of others so I made a whole batch! I frosted them with light pink frosting and then I cut another heart shape out of the Spellbinders die and some more shrink film, except this time I didn't shrink it, I used it for a template over each cookie and poured red sugar on each one. I think it made about 4 dozen cookies so I had plenty. I took some to my daughter, whom I got to see after the tea party. It had been a while and it was very good to see her. I had to sample a couple while making them of course and I gave a couple to my maintenance man neighbor. They were well received at all places, lol!

0 comments:

Post a Comment