Monday, January 28, 2013


Good Morning bloggers, I have been working on my valentines for this year already.  A bit early for some but not for most.  My inspiration piece was some little flags that I found at the scrapbooking store, all on one sheet that you just had to punch out.  Well, they didn't make the grade because by the time I got done, they didn't fit in at all.  Sometimes it goes that way, it's own way.  They just take on a life of themselves and away they go, lol!  They did turn out pretty though.

I started with an 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 sheet of a rose colored cardstock.  My normal intentions are to fold that in half and make a card that fits the small envelopes that I have.  But I also have some bigger ones that never seem to get used so.....I didn't fold this time.  I did have to cut off like a 1/4" so they are probably more like 8 1/4 x 5 1/2.  I inked the edges with vintage photo.  I used a white doily and inked the edges and then gave it a spray of heirloom gold perfect pearls mist. I had some gold doilies that I found at a flea market for a song so I die cut the 'hugs & kisses' out of that.  The two center pieces are Spellbinders 'fleur de lis' squares.  I had boughten this valentines e-kit from Crafty Secrets last year and was thumbing through it again and found this patterned paper in there that looks like old wall paper so I printed off a few sheets of that on some tan colored paper.  You would have to click on the photo to really see the design, I think.  I inked the edges of that one too.  The center piece if cut from old glassine bags one of my friends gave me.  They are the old ones you used to find in women's restrooms that you put sanitary napkins in before depositing them in 'the bin', lol!  Next I cut out a heart from a roll of burlap and tied a ribbon through it.  Then I added some gold stickles around the doily and a few gold buttons and a filigree corner to the top cut from the same paper.

 The doily was large enough to wrap around the back side and I added another fleur de lis and this time I stamped a sentiment on it.  I also made a picture frame stand out of chipboard and covered it in the same paper so the card would stand up by itself.  It worked very well.  It will lay down for mailing and then fold out upon arrival. 
First one is done, now need to make five more.  I actually cut six of everything when I did it the first time so all I have to do is assemble now, I think.  Hope you enjoyed them as much as I did.  Have a great day!


Post a Comment