Saturday, February 2, 2013

I finally did it..............

I made myself a Lightbox, yea, no more crappy photos, lol.  Since I do most of my crafting and stuff in the evenings, it is too dark, of course, to take photos.  I have tried several spots in my house, usually those where I have Ott-Lites.  But, from what I've seen, there is no match for a light box.  I found a tutorial online that showed how to make it for just pennies, 200 pennies to be exact, for me anyway.  I spent $1 on three pieces of poster board and $1 on a white plastic tablecloth (the disposable kind).  I got a box from work, as square as I could find.  I cut the sides out of it leaving a 2" border on all sides.  Then I cut 16 2" pieces of poster board the same height as the box and covered all the insides.  I used spray adhesive but you could use anything.  Then I cut a bigger piece of poster board to go from one side inside at the bottom all the way up the other side to the top, so there's a slope in it.  Then I covered each outside 'window' with the plastic tablecloth (doubled it) cut to size using regular packing tape.  Then I covered the top.  Add a light to the top of it and this is what you get.

This is what it looks like with the light off.
 And with the light one.

And this is the same card (I made a few different versions of the same card) that I posted about last post.  Can you tell a difference?


I have to admit there are some qualities that I like in the non-lightbox photo but I can definitely see an advantage to using a lightbox.  Guess I will just have to play with it and see what I can make it do for me.  Do you use a lightbox for taking your photos or do you try to stick to natural light?

Hope you have a fabulous weekend, thanks for stopping by!
Hugs,
~Jody

0 comments:

Post a Comment