Saturday, February 6, 2010

Matchbox

Isn't this just the cutest thing you have ever seen? I found this
tutorial on Kristin Aune's blog for a box made using a matchbox
design (remember the old wooden matches, well I guess you can
still buy them but they remind me of a day gone by) Thanks Kristin,
by the way!!! It actually has four "matchboxes/drawers" to it. I made this one for one of my tea ladies birthdays. Those ladies are so special to me that this year I have vowed to gift each one of their birthdays. All, except for one, have birthdays the first 5 months of the year so I have been busy and I have already missed one, crap! Anyway, this little box turned out so cute. The picture on the top I printed from some online vintage photos that I ran across in my hours and hours of scouring the internet for lack of something better to do, lol! All of the other stuff, I had in my stash. I am proud to say, I didn't purchase anything to make this box. I am trying really hard to use up what I have and let me tell you, if I never purchased another thing, I could play with paper for the rest of my life and never run out of "stuff". I can see a few more of these in my future. I made this in one night, as well. Well, except for letting some of it dry. I finished embellishing this morning. I didn't attach the top piece to the boxes until I was completely done decorating so that I could tuck everything underneath out of view.
Well, as you can see, I have yet to figure out how to make these pictures all line up and the text line up as well. Everytime, I delete a blank line that shows up in the text, it deletes my photo and I have to re-load. So, sorry, this is how you get it today. Looks like "Blog Writing 101" is in my NEAR future.
Hope you like the little box. I think it turned out just beautiful.

2 comments:

Charmin said...

Very cool box! You did a great job. Is this a box that you had or did you purchase it? I don't remember ever seeing one of these.

Kirsten Aune said...

Your box is so beautiful, Jody. I'm so glad that you wanted to try my tutorial. It's a pleasure!
Have a wonderful Easter!
Hugs, Kirsten

Post a Comment