Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tags, Tins and Treats Project Parade-Verve Stamps

Here's a little cutie that I whipped up last night for the "Tags, Tins & Treats" challenge over at Verve Stamps. I have been seeing their little badge on the MoJo Monday site and then my little sister was telling me about some of their stamps so I checked it out. They have some very cool stamps, I may have to invest in some of those. Anyway, they also had this challenge going on until the 15th of Feb. so I decided I would make this "tin" for my daughter for Valentine's Day. She loves girl scout cookies, especially the thin mints and they come in a sleeve of cellophane that will fit right down inside this "tin". I just used a bunch of scraps left laying out from the valentine's day cards I made. The love stamp on top and the red heart in the center front and the itty bitty hearts hanging from the finding are all shrink film. The small bright red heart on the top is just some fabric paint I made a heart with on the shiny side of some freezer paper. I was just playing one day and so I let it dry and peeled it off and that is what it looked like. The big lacy flower on front is just some old seam binding gathered at one edge and drawn up. Added some little heart brads and there you have it. I'm sure my daughter will like it, especially when she finds out what's inside, hee hee hee!!! HAPPY "V" DAY!!!!

4 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

So vintage and elegant!! LOVE that sweet little charm of hearts! And lace is always a fabulous touch in my book!! Beautiful!!

Amy Sheffer said...

MUCH prettier than a Thin Mint box! Love the lace and the dangling heart charms!

Charmin said...

Yes, I agree, much prettier than a Thin Mint Box.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, I just love all that lace! What a lovely tin!

Post a Comment