Sunday, August 12, 2012

August ATC Club

Good Morning bloggers. Well, it has been a little over a week now that my daughter has been gone. She moved to Northern Florida a week ago last Friday to be with her new love. She was a bit leary, as was I, but you never know until you try, right? His words seemed real enough, "you just have to trust me", but then I think we have all heard those words before. It's his actions that will insure trust in him. She seems happy and everything is going according to plan so far. I am so happy for her and I wish her all the best. I have to admit, I've shed a few tears, it's been a bittersweet event in my life. However, I think we talk more now than when she lived 30 minutes away, lol! Besides, it gives me a perfect excuse for a road trip, right? Especially since I ended up with a bunch of her stuff stashed in my tiny little duplex, ha!!! I have been working on my ATC cards for August. I used kind of a play on words that they used for the theme, "Fun In The Sun". Here's a sneek peek... These ones turned out to be pretty labor intensive. Lots of parts. I used my cricut to cut out the suns and the words I used a Tim Holtz die for. There are some other words that I just did on the computer and cut them out and inked them. We had to use some rhinestones, as well. The Club meets on the 20th so I will be able to show you the whole thing that morning, if I remember to do a post that morning, lol! It is Sunday morning and I am off to the flea market. I think I will stop and have breakfast first. Am in the hunt for a wooden headboard that I can cut down and some cigar boxes that I don't remember what I wanted them for but they are still on my list. I think there is a guy that has them, just have to remember which flea market I saw them at. Hope ya'll have a great Sunday and I'll talk to you soon. Hugs, ~Jody

0 comments:

Post a Comment