Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Craft Room Rennovations

Have been doing a bit of rennovating in my craft room over the weekend. I had this computer armoir in here on the west wall. It's nice with lots of storage but the monitor always seemed like it was setting in a tunnel in the dark, or I was looking down a tunnel in the dark, or something like that, lol! Anyway, I was tired of it so I unloaded it and took it out. I had to put plastic lids under the corners to even get it to budge, it weighs a ton. I did manage to get it out of the room and down the hall way and out in to the living room by myself. Took me about a half hour, lol! All last week, Michael's had their white cube storage thingy's, can't remember the name of them, on sale for 50% off. One day they even had an additional 20% off sale items so I loaded up on the storage cubes. I ended up with eight. I put them all together, a couple each night and when the weekend rolled around and I got that armoir out of here, I placed all the cubes as I thought I would like them and then I measured the top. I went to Home Depot and bought a piece of plywood and had them cut it to the exact dimensions. Took it home, sanded it a bit, painted it white and put a couple of coats of polyurethane on it and stuck it over the top. It turned out pretty cool. Now for the shelves!!! I had them cut the extra wood into shelving and I will hang that above the desk, hopefully on both sides. I love how it opened up the room quite a bit and looks so much brighter with white against white walls. Now I can add my own splash of color. Hope you have a great day, Hugs, ~Jody

0 comments:

Post a Comment