Saturday, September 10, 2011

Penne Pasta with Proscuitto Sause

I don't normally post about food but this recipe has been a favorite of mine for a loooong time now. I got the it from the Regis and Kathy Lee show back in 1983, I think and I just love it. I don't make it alot because it is dripping in butter and cream but it came to mind while I was in the grocery store last night so I bought all the ingredients so I could make it tonight. I also got ALL the CORRECT ingredients on the first try from memory, that's saying alot for me, lol! Maybe I have made this a few times. Garlic bread goes well with it. Here's the recipe if you are interested: 8 oz. Penne Pasta (I used Rotini tonight so any pasta will do) 4 oz. Proscuitto (ham) cut in strips (the proscuitto at my store only comes in 3 oz. packages and it was plenty for me) 3 T. Butter 1 Small Onion diced 2 Small Tomatoes diced 4 T. Parmesan cheese 1 Cup Heavy Cream (I used whipping cream because they didn't have a small heavy cream and I didn't want left-overs of this, lol) 1/2 Cup Peas (I used frozen ones because I will eat the rest of the bag) Ground Black Pepper Saute ham in butter and onions. Add tomatoes, peas, cream & pepper in that order stirring after each addition. Simmer until thickened. Add parmesan cheese and mix thoroughly. Makes 4 small servings. YUM!!!! Enjoy, ~Jody (NOTE: my apologies for the way this recipe is showing up on the blog. I actually typed it out in normal recipe form and it looks correct on my draft however, when I publish the post it all runs together. I have tried many MANY times to figure out what I am doing wrong with this but to no avail so I guess you'll just have to muddle through. If anyone knows what I am doing wrong, please feel free to leave me a comment on how to fix this, it makes me crazy, UGHHHHH!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment