Saturday, March 31, 2012

Creative Chemistry 101-Day Seven

Now Day 7 I was really getting in to it. First up was a Batik (A method of dyeing a fabric by which the parts of the fabric not intended to be dyed are covered with removable wax) technique. We did this technique in grade school a few years ago, lol. I believe we used hankies. Anyway, the stamp I chose did not have alot of covered area and I forgot to iron it before I took the photo but I thought it turned out very pretty. Second technique was the Rusted Enamel technique. This one I had tried before (without instruction) on a the jalopy car die cut. I made a card for my dad's birthday a couple of years ago and black embossed it. I dropped it while I was heating it and some of the embossing powder came off, especially where I had touched it again. I thought, oh well, it will be fine. I just inked over it with vintage photo and VIOLA, it was the same technique he used here. Works Great!! Third technique was the Distress Powder Resist technique. This one was pretty cool too. I have to tell ya though, when I first got in to embossing I bought like 5 colors of this distress embossing powder and took them home to give it a go. I was so disappointed when it didn't get shiny that I put it on the shelf and never used it again. Figured I did something wrong and would try it again some day. Little did I know, it was supposed to be that way. I finally found that out a couple of years ago when Tim used it on one of his 12 Tags of Christmas tags. Silly me!!!! It really does add a vintage distress look to things.
Nostalgic Batik Technique Rusted Enamel Technique Distress Powder Resist Technique

0 comments:

Post a Comment